I kept this recipe super simple so it can be thrown together in a snap, but it is as delicious as ever! How could it not be with all those summertime berries?! You can sub in frozen fruit if needed. I used some chopped, frozen strawberries combined with fresh blueberries in my latest making of this recipe because it's what I had on hand and it turned out beautifully.
- Combine berries in a bowl and sprinkle with 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Mix and pour in baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients mixing with fork or by hand until the mixture sticks together well when smashed.
- Sprinkle crumbled sugar mixture all over top of berries.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the berry mixture is bubbly.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream. (It's also DELICIOUS on its own--and leftovers make a wonderful breakfast treat with coffee!)