1. Dice 2 apples into small bite-size pieces (preferable honeycrisp or similar or granny smith). Then slice 1 onion into rings.
2. Sprinkle chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
3. Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook chops until browned (turning over once) - about 5 minutes total.
4. Transfer pork to a plate and add 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar, 1.5 tsp sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook about 1 minute, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
5. Reduce heat to medium, then return chops along with any juices on plate to skillet and turn 2 or 3 times to coat with sauce. Cook, turning over once, until chops are just cooked through (reaching internal temp of 155 degrees), about 3 minutes total.
6. Transfer Chops to plate. Add in diced apples and sliced onions. Simmer sauce, stirring to coat apples and onions with sauce. Cook over medium-high heat until sauce is thickened.
7. Serve Chops with Sauce, Apples and Onions poured on top.
Mashed potatoes & Sautéed Green Beans pair very nicely with this meal. Other great vegetable options include asparagus, strawberry spinach salad, and brussels sprouts.